Who we are
Carnforth Rotarians are enthusiastic, fun-loving and active volunteers who get together most weeks (currently via Zoom) of the year for dinner, fellowship and professional networking. We have a varied programme of informative guest speakers and enjoy social events such as ladies nights, day trips to local attractions and theatre trips. We are an equal opportunities, diverse group of men and women who work to an agreed set of standards as detailed in our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Rotary is a non-religious, non-political organisation that is one of the largest non-governmental providers of humanitarian, educational and cultural support programmes in the world. Rotarians encourage high ethical standards in all vocations and help to build goodwill and peace.
Our website address is: http://www.carnforthrotary1190.org.
We collect information in the following ways:
When you give it to us directly
There are many ways you may give us your information. For example, when you join as a member, begin volunteering, make a donation or communicate with us either by phone, in writing (including email) or in person. We are responsible for your date at all times.
Via Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy notices for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or sources.
Information that you have given us in regard to an enquiry.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Your consent applies tot eh following domains: www.carnforthrotary1190.org
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our site uses Google Analytics. By default, all the IPs of visitors are anonymized.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
We will only ever capture the minimum amount of information that we need to in relation to your membership, donation or services we provide to you and we promise to keep your information secure. The personal data we will usually collect is:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your date of birth
- Details of the enquiry, service or product
Where it is appropriate, we may also ask for additional information.
Who we share your data with
The Rotary organisation is made up of Rotary International, The Rotary Foundation (TRF), Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland, the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom (RFUK) and the RIBI Donations Trust.
When you give information to us it will be shared within the wider organisation to facilitate your membership or donations and to provide the service afforded to you as part of that membership/donation. We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing your data within the wider organisation.
We do not share your date with third party companies outside of the Rotary Organisation.
How long we retain your data
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it to assist you with your enquiry, process your membership, donation, event registration or other services associated to your Rotary membership. There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, gift aid transactions must be retained indefinitely, employment records for 6 years after an employee leaves, financial records must be kept for 7 years, information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event. We shall delete your information according to these statutory limits, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
How we protect your data
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by appropriate staff, Rotary members and our service/host providers.
We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, and where feasible, we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
What rights you have over your data
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you certain rights and these are listed below for your convenience, further clarification of your rights is available on the Information Commissioners website.
- You have a right to be informed when your personal data is being collected, what is collected and how it will be used or shared.
- You have a right of access to your personal data: the right of access allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data. Members and donors have access to their personal data via self-service systems such as the RIBI Data Management System (DMS) or My Rotary via the RI website. You can also request a copy of the information which we hold on you. This information will be provided free of charge, unless the request is found to be manifestly unfounded or excessive then a reasonable fee will be charged. The application should be made in writing, by letter or email, and addressed to the Carnforth Rotary Club Secretary, contact details shown below, enclosing two proofs of identification. Applicants should be aware that where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are repetitive, Carnforth Rotary can:
– charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information; or
– refuse to respond.
- You have a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked (restrict processing), erased (right to be forgotten), or destroyed.
- You have a right in certain circumstances to object to the processing of your personal data for such reasons as direct marketing, automated decision making, profiling; although we can confirm we make no decisions on you using an automated process.
- You have a right in certain circumstances to data portability.
In certain situations, these rights may not apply, for example if you are a valid member we will need to communicate with you about your membership and those services afforded to you as part of that membership; you hold a club or district office and we need to communicate with you in relation to that office, in which case you will not be able to unsubscribe from these communications.
We collect and process your personal data through legitimate interests or because you have provided it to us to enable us to deliver a service to you. We will only process your personal data as you would reasonably expect us to. You can opt out of our general member mailings at any time.
Finally, if you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, contact details below.
Our contact details
Carnforth Rotary Club Secretary
Tel: 015242 62619
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information, please firstly contact the Carnforth Rotary Secretary, details above. If you are still unhappy you may contact the following:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or +44 1625 545 745
[This privacy notice was last reviewed and updated 30 January 2019]