Junior Schools’ 2021 Choir Competition
Local Junior Schools have been invited to take part in Carnforth Rotary’s 4th Annual Christmas Themed Choir Competition. The competition will take place at Carnforth High School on Friday 26th November 2021 commencing at 4.30pm.
Click here to download an Entry form.
Deadline for receipt of entries is Monday 1st November.
For further details please email Ken McGrath (email@example.com).
In order to complete the arrangements for the competition no entries can be accepted after this date. If you require further information or need to make contact please telephone Ken McGrath on 07874 097439 .
For Rotary publicity purposes photographs of the choirs will be taken. Schools are requested to obtain the necessary parental permission and provide written evidence to the Rotary Club.
On the day of the event please report to Carnforth High School [main entrance] no later than 4.00 p.m., where you will be met by a Rotary Club representative, who will register your attendance and guide you and your choir members to the waiting area. Parking is available at the school carpark in Kellet Road.
Competition Rules and General Guidance to Choirs
1. There is no charge to enter this competition.
2. Entries are by invitation from the Rotary Club and are restricted to one choir per Primary school. Age limit is 11 years old.
3. The minimum number of children in the choir is 8 and the maximum is 16. [It is permissible to mix pupils across the two pieces provided the total number of 16 is not exceeded.]
4. Two pieces are to be performed in turn as follows:-
a) Set piece
NOTE: On receipt of your completed entry form we will supply you with three files:- Lyrics, Practice track with voices, Backing track for performance.
b) Own choice with a Christmas theme.
5. The own choice piece can be sung unaccompanied, to a backing track or keyboard accompaniment, with your accompanist at our keyboard. Please remember to bring your backing track CD.
6. The maximum time for the combined performance is 6 minutes.
7. Judging of the performance will be by a panel selected by the Rotary Club. The decision of this panel will be final.
8. A winner’s certificate will be given to the 1st placed choir and a participation certificate will be given to every school choir member.
9. A winner’s trophy to retain for one year will be awarded to the 1st placed choir.
10. Cash prizes to promote music in school will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed choirs in the amount of £100, £75 and £50 respectively.