DO YOU LOVE TAKING PHOTOS?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE?
IF SO CARNFORTH ROTARY HAS JUST THE COMPETITION FOR YOU.
Carnforth Rotary is sponsoring a colour calendar for 2002 to highlight our town’s Industrial Heritage. We invite competitors to send photos they have taken for potential inclusion on the calendar.
Our town and the surrounding area is full of wonderful gems such as the Iron Works, Canals and Railways. Take a walk around the area looking for treasures from the past. The Calendar will go on sale in August 2021 and gives you the opportunity to showcase your talent to a wider audience.
Funds raised will be shared between CancerCare and A.C.E Lancaster.
The closing date for submissions is 30th May 2021.
A selection of Photographs will also be on display during Carnforth’s Heritage Weekend Scheduled to take place from Saturday 30th April to Sunday 1st May 2022.
- When entering you grant Carnforth Rotary Club a royalty free licence to use the photograph for the Carnforth Industrial Heritage Calendar. Copyright remains with the photographer.
- The chosen photographs to be used to make a Calendar and to be displayed at Carnforth Town’s Heritage weekend May 2022.
- Profits from the Calendar will be distributed to CancerCare and A.C.E mental health charity based in Lancaster aimed at young people within the age range 11 to 25 years.
- Open to Everyone apart from Professional Photographers.
- The photograph should not have been entered in a previous Competition.
- Colour images only and in Landscape format only. The digital image to be saved in jpeg and of a high resolution 3600 pixels (300dpi). No watermarks.
- Photographs to be sent to email@example.com to WeTransfer.com with your initials and photo e.g. KM-1, KM-2 etc. and title of the photograph along with your name, phone number or email address, date taken and the location. If you find the file can’t be sent using WeTransfer.com via the above email address then please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to carry out the WeTransfer.
- You can choose to send us 50 words telling the story behind the image as a TEXT file to email@example.com to We Transfer.com with your initials and text e.g.KM-1, KM-2 and your name.
- Closing date 30th May 2021.
- All entries to be received by the closing date. Entries will not be accepted after this date.
- Judging will take place in June and the winners will be informed in July.
- The winners of the chosen photographs will each receive a free copy of the Calendar.
- The winner of the most outstanding photograph will received a framed copy of their photograph.
- Carnforth Rotary club will respect the confidentiality of any data you share with us. On the completion of the competition the club will delete your data from its records.
Our extremely talented judges are:.
Liz Withey is an experienced Industrial Heritage Photographer and is co-author of Ore Mining in the Lake District as well as Honister Slate Mine both published by Amberley.
Graeme Chester is a local photographer and winner of Amateur Photographer Magazine’s ‘Rising Star’ Award and the MPB Bursary 2020.
We look forward to receiving your photographs.