Local Junior Schools have been invited to take part in Carnforth Rotary’s Third Annual Christmas Themed Choir Competition. The competition will take place at Carnforth High School on Friday 22nd November 2019 commencing at 4.30pm. Entry forms can be downloaded from the Competitions page of this website.
Deadline for receipt of entries is Friday 1st November.
For further details please email Kath Bromilow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Competition Rules and General Guidance to Choirs
1. There is no charge to enter this competition.
2. Entries are by invitation from the Rotary Club and are restricted to one choir per school.
3. The minimum number of children in the choir is 8 and the maximum is 16. [It is permissible to mix pupils across the two pieces provided the total number of 16 is not exceeded.]
4. Two pieces are to be performed in turn as follows:-
a) Set piece “Ain’t gonna let nobody turn me round” Trad. Negro Spiritual
NOTE: On receipt of your completed entry form we will supply you with three files:- Lyrics, Practice track with voices, Backing track for performance.
b) Own choice with a Christmas theme.
5. The own choice piece can be sung unaccompanied, to a backing track or keyboard accompaniment, with your accompanist at our keyboard. Please remember to bring your backing track CD.
6. The maximum time for the combined performance is 6 minutes.
7. Judging of the performance will be by a panel selected by the Rotary Club. The decision of this panel will be final.
8. A winner’s certificate will be given to the 1st placed choir and a participation certificate will be given to every school choir member.
9. A winner’s trophy to retain for one year will be awarded to the 1st placed choir.
10. Cash prizes to promote music in school will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed choirs in the amount of £100, £75 and £50 respectively.